Simple to Install but there are few bugs and performance issues
Think twice before installing on your main device
Apple released the iOS 11 beta via Apple beta testing program. Users can enroll and download latest iOS public beta on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for testing and can provide direct feedback using Feedback Assistant app.
iOS 11 public beta is available for everyone who want to try the latest features of iOS. Sadly, iOS’s capability is restricted to 64 bit devices only. iPhone 5 and older are not eligible for iOS 11 beta.
How to Download & Install iOS 11 Public Beta ?
Step 1 : Back up your device before proceeding
Before you begin, make sure you back up your iPhone or iPad. You can easily restore your files, images and settings if something goes wrong. And with your personal data, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. Even if you back up every day, you’ll want to make sure it’s absolutely up-to-date.
Follow these simple Steps :
- Plug iPhone or iPad into your Mac or Windows PC. Launch iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone or iPad icon in the menu bar when it appears.
- Make sure backup is set to This Computer. (And enable Encrypted backup — it’s worth it!)
- Click on Back Up Now. (Click on Encrypt Backup and add a password — you want the security.) Back up Apps, if asked.
- Press Command, to open Preferences. (Or go to iTunes in the menu bar and click on Preferences).
- Click on the Devices tab. Option-click on your Backup and choose Archive.
Archiving will save backup from further changes.
You will need an iOS 11 compatible device then you simply back it up to iTunes, enroll in the iOS 11 public beta testing program, install, and enjoy.
Here are the complete steps to download and install iOS 11 public beta onto an eligible device:
- Enroll at beta.apple.com and login with you Apple ID to participate in the iOS 11 public beta program
- Click the “Download Profile” button on the beta.apple.com enroll page
- Download iOS 11 public beta profile Choose “Install” when you see “iOS Beta Software Profile” on the screen from Apple
Step 2 : Install iOS 11 public beta profile onto the device
4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and choose “Download & Install” to download and install iOS 11 public beta onto your device.
Future iOS 11 public beta releases will arrive to the enrolled device as they are released by Apple, and also the final release when it’s out this fall.
* Note if you installed the iOS 11 public beta profile and do not see the iOS 11 public beta download available, you may need to restart your iPhone or iPad first.
iOS 11 beta is not suitable for everyday use as there will be some compatibility issues with some apps. I wasn’t able to use “Payoneer” app on iOS 11. I was also facing some lag while typing and switching between apps. It is not recommended for novice users, but targeted for testers and developers. Apple will release stable version of iOS 11 this fall which will be available to download for all Apple users.
Separately, Apple will also release the macOS High Sierra 10.13 public beta for Mac users interested in running beta system software, as well as tvOS 11 public beta for Apple TV.
If you’re having difficulties using iOS 11, here is how you can downgrade iOS 11 Beta To iOS 10.3.2 using iTunes.