macOS Mojave is here for all the Mac users with supported MacBooks and Mac computers. Upgrading a Hackintosh to newer macOS Mojave is as usual not a piece of cake. I’ve been using macOS High Sierra from last year. You can watch the complete Installation here. macOS High Sierra doesn’t have compatibility for Intel UHD 630 Graphics so I was able to get my core i7 8700K working using fake ids and kexts for the graphics. In macOS Mojave, Intel UHD 630 can work without using fake IDs or Intel Injection.
macOS Mojave Upgrade
macOS Mojave can be downloaded from Appstore using your Apple ID.
Download it and open the App macOS Mojave.
Make sure to copy the “EFI Partition” to a flash drive as you may need it for booting the Installation. After the first reboot, sometimes the EFI folder from the SSD is removed. That’s why you need to boot via USB to use its EFI partition for booting up the system. Everything goes buttery smooth from there and macOS is upgraded to macOS Mojave in around 15-20 min. You’ll not lose any files during the upgrade process but it’s better to create a backup of your SSD.
Here is how you can create a bootable USB for macOS Mojave.
General Issues and Troubleshooting after Upgrade
- Intel UHD 630 graphics acceleration wasn’t working due to injected fake Ids so I’d to change the config file. I was using Intel Graphics Fix Up in macOS High Sierra. macOS Mojave has built-in support for Intel UHD 630 graphics so you don’t need intel graphics fix up now. Delete intel graphics fixup from kext folder. and make sure you have the latest “lilu.kext” and “whatevergreen.kext” in the “kext/Other” folder.
- You’ll be stuck at loading screen if you use wrong SM Bios. For Intel Core i7 8700K, select iMac 14,2 from the dropdown in SMBios tab.
- Sky Lake: Select iMac 17,1 or iMac 14,2
- Haswell: Select iMac 14,2
- Ivy Bridge: Select iMac 14,2
- Gigabyte / ASUS Motherboard users Only
- Highlight Acpi on left column
- Under fixes check FixShutdown
- ASUS / ASRock / MSI / Motherboard users Only
- Open config.plist with Clover Configurator
- Highlight Boot on left column
- Under Arguments press the drop down arrow next to darkwake
- Select darkwake = 1 if using an ASUS motherboard
- Select darkwake = 8 if using an ASROCK or MSI motherboard
- Save config.plist
- Magenta Tint on External Display/ Monitor
- Open a terminal
- Type Ruby and Drag “patch-edid.rb” next to it.
- Press enter and this will create a new file in “Home” directory of your computer. Press Shift+Command+H to navigate to that directory.
- Copy folder and paste in Installation SSD/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides
- Reboot your system. It will fix magenta tint.
* I’ll update this post in future with more solutions. Meanwhile, check the videos on my YouTube. And if you have any request, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on Social Media.
Complete Installation of macOS Mojave
Could you help me? My mojave install is working on asus vivomini, except hdmi audio. How can I do that?
Have you tried running the script for HDMI audio ?